2020 deepVB® Project
Conversational AI with Real-world Results
Alfa Bank Company Profile
Alfa Bank Ukraine is part of Alfa Group Consortium:
• One of the largest privately owned investment groups; commercial and investment banking, asset management, insurance, retail trade, and water utilities.
• The group includes 5 banks: Alfa-Bank Ukraine, Alfa-Bank Russia, banks in the Netherlands, in Belarus and in Kazakhstan with representative ofﬁces in Cyprus, the United States and the United Kingdom.
Voice Biometrics Project Goals
Measure Omilia VB technology in Ukraine
with mixed language speakers
Improve Customer Experience
Reduce Agent Costs
Reduce fraud by adding biometric factor of authentication
Voice Biometrics initiative targets
Minimise long authentication time:
Identification takes up to 70 seconds for certain operations, so customer experience and agent costs skyrocket.
Improve Authentication success rate:
Often, clients don’t readily remember the answers to Auth questions, and end up disqualified and frustrated
Minimize Service Denial due to ID/AUTH failure:
21% of customers do not manage to successfully authenticate, and are forbidden to retry for next 24 hours.
Timeline: Project completion in less than 5 months!
Service Flow: How It Works
Passive Voice Biometrics through the IVR
Enrollment – Create Voiceprint
1. User First call to the system becomes the users VB Enrolment call
2. On Successful Identification Agent will press button on agent desktop, and Voice Data is passed to the VB system for enrolment.
3. VB system creates customer Voiceprint and enrols the user
Normal Operation: VB authentication
1. Enrolled User calls IVR and starts talking to agent
2. System compares VB and displays color coded
real time results to the agent desktop
0,1 – 0,98
1. Train the VB system without properly annotated speech data
a. No speaker labels, some recordings from same speaker
b. Sanity checks needed, data augmentation with different noises
2. Language and Dialect independence
a. A single VB model for Ukrainian, Russian and Mixed.
b. No need for Language Identification modules
3. Keep at the same time
a. LOW False Acceptance rate (FAR) and
b. HIGH % of users successfully authenticated by VB in the first dialogue turn.
4. Effective Agent – Console Integration
5. Optimization of workflows for security and legal compliance
a. Non-enrolled users should be asked if they want to use VB
b. If yes, they should be sent to an agent to enrol them
c. Security questions can be skipped in case of VB verification
Beyond State-of-the-Art Authentication Results
1. Fast Enrolment with minimum 25 sec speech sample!
2. Success in creating Voiceprint – 95% – on the first try
3. Successfully authenticates more than 85% of users from the first dialog turn!
4. State-of-the-art authentication rates with only between 2-4 seconds of speech – enough time for correct matching with sample
Confidential SR – True Client
0,1 – 0,98
Permissible SR – With extraneous noise, poor communication, a “sick” voice, or outdated voiceprint
Negative SR – Definitely Not the client
Beyond State-of-the-Art Security and Customer Experience Results
• Greatly improved customer experience
– No denial of service due to forgetfulness
– Decrease complaints
– Increase Client Satisfaction on 13%
• World Class LOW FAR (False Acceptance Rate) of 0.2%!!!
• 90% Reduction of Authentication Time
• 100% Reduction in Fraud rates in the contact center
• 20% agent savings on service line
• Cost optimization $193K
• Voice biometrics technology is successful in terms of combating fraud.
• Voice biometrics are the most effective additional authentication factor, both in terms of cost reduction and customer experience.
• Pivotal point is that VB technology must enrol users with
– not more than 25 sec of speech and
– successfully authenticate with 2-4 seconds of speech
• Because in any other case both enrolment and authentication can become very difficult to achieve in a single call.
• Customers love the IVR experience the shorter it is, and Voice Biometrics is the key to shortening authentication by up to 90%
ARRANGE A DEMONSTRATION
Our proven Omni-Channel technology is aimed at:
Large Corporations (200+ agents / 4+ million calls per year), Integrators & Contact Center Service Providers.
If you represent a relevant business and would like to arrange a demonstration of our technology and learn how it can transform your customer care, fill out our form and we will get in contact with you to get the ball rolling.