How do you choose your vendor when embarking on a conversational AI journey? Is it the
pricing model, the ease-of-use, efficiency, experience? With so much noise and hype around AI, it’s not an easy task to decide which conversational AI platform is right for your business.
As per Gartner, ”The range of conversational implementation approaches in the chatbot market can be categorized as toolkits allowing custom solutions, platform-based offerings and targeted service offerings.”
“Application and software engineering leaders responsible for defining a next-generation, artificial-intelligence-based conversational solution should:
● Choose the conversational solution that best suits their use cases by evaluating the relative merits of toolkits, platform-based approaches and targeted service approaches.
● Ensure the required capabilities are provided. These can significantly reduce development time, improve application flow quality, and reduce operating and maintenance costs.
● Mitigate the risks and pitfalls of conversational-platform implementation by addressing potential problem sources during the planning stage.”
- Gartner, Choosing the Right Conversational AI Platform, Bern Elliot, Magnus Revang, Anthony Mullen, Van Baker , 26 August 2021
- This graphic was published by Gartner, Inc. as part of a larger research document and should be evaluated in the context of the entire document. The Gartner document is available upon request from Omilia
- GARTNER is a registered trademark and service mark of Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and internationally and is used herein with permission. All rights reserved.