Omilia has been certified with ISO 27001
As information is one of the most valuable assets that a business owns, the existence of some form of controls that manage Information Security is deemed necessary for most organizations. However, these controls will be well organized and monitored, and not introduced only to provide solutions for specific problems or simply as a matter of convention; besides, in such cases, only address certain aspects of IT or data security and can leave valuable non-IT information assets less protected and vulnerable.
An ISMS (Information Security Management System) provides a systematic approach for managing an organisation’s Information Security. It’s a centrally managed framework that enables you to manage, monitor, review and improve your information security practices in one place. It contains policies, procedures, and controls that are designed to meet the three objectives of information security: Confidentiality, Integrity, and Availability. ISO 27001 is the international standard for creating and maintaining a best-practice ISMS and achieving ISO 27001 certification shows that an organization has identified and dealt with any and all risks to their security.
And that was the reason behind Omilia adopting and being certified for the proper implementation of the ISO/IEC 27001 framework.
What is ISO 27001?
ISO/IEC 27001 formally specifies a management system that is intended to bring information security under explicit management control. It mandates specific requirements and, therefore, organizations that claim to have adopted ISO/IEC 27001, can be formally audited and certified compliant with this Standard.
ISO/IEC 27001 requires, that management:
● systematically examines the organisation’s information security risks, taking account of the threats, vulnerabilities, and impacts.
● designs and implements a coherent and comprehensive suite of information security controls and/or other forms of risk treatment (such as risk avoidance or risk transfer) to address the risks deemed unacceptable.
● adopts an overarching management process to ensure that the information security controls continue to meet the organisation’s information security needs on an ongoing basis.
Benefits for Omilia
The benefits for Omilia from ISO 27001 certification are considerable. Not only does the standard help ensure that Omilia security risks are managed cost-effectively, but also, the adherence to the recognised standard sends a valuable and important message to customers and business partners: Omilia does things the right way.
ISO 27001 is crucial for monitoring, reviewing, maintaining, and improving a company’s Information Security Management system and will unquestionably give partner organisations and customers greater confidence in the way they interact with your business.
● ISO 27001 is the de facto international standard for Information Security Management.
● It demonstrates a clear commitment to Information Security Management to third parties and stakeholders.
● It can provide a framework to ensure the fulfillment of commercial, contractual, and legal responsibilities.
● It provides a significant competitive advantage, and can effectively be a license to trade with companies in certain regulated sectors.
● It provides for interoperability between organisations or groups within an
● It can provide compliance with, or certification against, a recognised external standard which can often be used by management to demonstrate due diligence.